Monday 11 August 2014

DIY: How to make a lip scrub │ The Perks Of Meg.

Hola!
I thought I would bring something different to my blog today and do you a DIY and I'm going to share with you how I make a lip scrub. Now most people buy the LUSH bubblegum lip scrub which to be fair I have tried in store once, I didn't buy it though. Mainly because of the price. Then after going to a LUSH store I decided that I wanted to make my own. So I googled how to make a lip scrub and all of these different methods came up however I didn't have some of the ingredients that people normally use e.g. olive oil and honey. So I decided to try out a few things and see if I could make my own lip scrub and I did.
Now my lip scrub that I make only uses 3 ingredients, yes you saw right. 3. These are all items that I had in my house and they don't cost the earth.
So now I'm going to show you how I made a lemonade lip scrub.




What you will need:
- Caster Sugar.
- Lemonade
- Vaseline
- A pot/container.
- A bowl to mix your ingredients.
Method:
1. Fill your pot/container half full with caster sugar.
2. Pour the caster sugar from the pot/container into a bowl.
3. Add a teaspoon of Vaseline into the bowl.
4. Add 4 drops of lemonade to the bowl.
5. Mix all of it together so it is a consistency that you can spoon into the pot/container. Make sure it isn't runny.
6. Put it into the pot/container and enjoy!


Measuring the sugar out in the pot/container.

A photo of the mixture of just sugar and Vaseline.



Finished product with the lemonade added.  (I don't quite know why my lip scrub is orange at one side but the colour is jut a pale white like the left side)

There you have it, my simple method that takes about 5-10 minutes. If you wanted a cola flavoured lip scrub then just add 4 drops of cola instead of the lemonade and you can do this with any kind of drink.
I hope you've liked this post and let me know if you have a go and make your own lip scrub.

No comments :

Post a Comment