Wednesday 11 June 2014

A Blogger Interview with Catherine Roberts! (A Small Girl in a Big Ol’ World)│Finding New Bloggers Series! ♥



View 21.png in slide show





1. Where are you from?
I am from Newcastle-upon-Tyne and I truly believe I live in the best place in England! I may be biased, but I love it.

2. How long have you been blogging?

I have been blogging since September 2013. But I think I’ve been mentally blogging for a while, haha! I have always wanted to blog and thought about what I would write so it feels like I’ve been doing it for longer than I have.

3. If you were shipwrecked on a desert island what 3 beauty items would you want with you?

Hmm...are there people on this island with me? Because if it was like a Lost situation and there was a whole planeload of us shipwrecked, I would take the heaviest coverage foundation I own (MAC Studio Fix foundation) and 2 pots of Rimmel Stay Matte Powder. But if I was alone, I would take a bottle of my fave perfume, Versace Bright Crystal, a bar of Lush’s Fresh Farmacy soap, and a tub (VAT) of Carmex!

4. Is there a fashion designer that you would really like to meet?
I adore highstreet fashion so I can’t really say that there is a designer I would be dying to meet, however I always fantasise about owning an entire work-wardrobe full of Donna Karan suits and dresses when I finally graduate uni, so probably her.

5. Where do you normally blog and why?

I normally blog in bed, all snuggled under the covers. Maximum comfort=better blogging, I say!

6. Pet peeves?
NOISY. EATERS. That is all. Blergh!

7. How often do you blog?
I try and blog as often as I can but because my uni work rate ebbs and flows I am never blogging every day. I just do it when I’m free. When I can blog, I tend to write a lot of posts and schedule them, so my readers are still getting content.

8. Top 5 favourite bloggers and why?

- Zoella- I am obsessed! I love Zoe’s blog and youtube channel and am jealous and how professional and well done her blog content is.

- Louise aka Sprinkle of Glitter and her blog. She makes me excited to have kids as she does such fun things for her little girl and she gets to document them all, which I think is really special.

- Tanya Burr. TANYA BURR. Her attitude to life and her blog is so polished to perfection I get incredibly jealous.

- Ruby from Me & My Make Up. I have known Ruby for a very long time; we went to the same primary school and live not far from one another. This isn’t why I love her blog though. She’s starting out just like me, and it’s so lovely to see her blog grow as she gets more followers and readers. Also, her content is amazing. She’s made the leap in to youtube videos now and I really think she’s going to go far.

- I also recently discovered a blog by a girl called Hannah, My Little Palindrome, and it is soooo good! I love her content and her writing is brilliant. Really friendly and well set out.

9. What are 5 items you never leave home without.
- My phone.
- Pens. Multiple black biros constantly litter the bottom of any bag I own. Imperative.
- Lipstick.
- If I’m going to uni, I need to have my notepad and glasses on me at all times.
- A water bottle.

10. What are your fears/phobias? 

I am a very fearful person as a rule. I’m scared of losing the people I love, which is quite a common thing I think.  I’m completely terrified of failure too.

11. If you could change one thing about your blog what would it be and why?

I would change the url name AND the blog name. A Small Girl in a Big Ol’ World is relevant, but it’s not very catchy. My url ‘bigbooksmallgirl’ isn’t so relevant any more- when I first began my blog it was going to be all book reviews and a little smattering of beauty here and there. But at the same time, my interest in beauty was growing and becoming bigger and bigger so I feel that I shouldn’t have made my url book specific.

12. Favourite blog posts to read?
I love haul posts, I’m super nosy haha!

13. Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?
In my own house, working for a publishing company, reading for a living, with a lovely blog!

14. What goals do you want to achieve on your blog?

I just want to interest people. As long as there is at least one person out there who enjoys my content and feels a little happy reading, I’ve done what I wanted to achieve. This started as a hobby for me, and I think it will end that way. Which I’m glad about.

15. Inspirations in life?
People who aren’t the norm inspire me- for example people who “aren’t the type to go to university” or people who keep down a job and lead a good life despite people thinking they will never do it, or they aren’t capable of doing it. We need to break stereotypes and embrace difference!

16. Favourite quote? 
My favourite quote is from Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte- ‘who could ever imagine unquiet slumbers, for the sleepers in that quiet earth.’ I just think it is a perfect ending to the novel and I always remember it, so I must like it haha!

17. A message you would give to a new blogger.
DON’T DO IT FOR THE FREEBIES!!! Some beauty bloggers seem obsessed with getting free stuff. But a blog should be like a personal diary, and about what you love. Not a shopping list for companies to see.

18. What have you learnt by blogging?

It’s harder than it looks. Editing photos? Editing posts? Getting posts up on time? Always being creative? Yep, hard work. But worth it .

19. Hardest thing about blogging?
Haha, see above! (Particularly finding time to write).

20. Beauty, fashion or lifestyle and why?

Beauty all the way. People can be so creative with makeup, and they showcase their skill on blogs for me to read. Yaaaay! I love reading what everyone is doing. And having serious envy over how good they are haha!

My Links:
TWITTER: @SmallGirlBlog11
GOOGLE PLUS: My name on Google Plus is Catherine Roberts.

Everyone give Catherine a follow on her links above! 



No comments :

Post a Comment