Saturday 18 January 2014

6 times nominated for The Liebster Award ♥

Aloha my lovelies!
I have kindly been nominated for the Liebster award six times!, I'm thrilled! I have seen on a few people's blogs but never did I think I would actually get nominated?! I was kindly nominated by Georgina who you can find here Alice who you can find here Charli who you can find here  Georginana who you can find here and Jessica who you can find here and Anya who you can find here  - so thank you so much!

The idea behind the Liebster award is to get new blogs that are just evolving - noticed. I think it's such a great idea and I think it's a great way to get to know new bloggers!

Now without further ado I shall answer the 11 questions that Georgina has given me to answer and then answer the 11 questions Alice has asked me and Charli's questions and Georginana's questions and then Jessica's questions and then I shall tag 11 new bloggers who will answer the questions that I have set for them.


Georgina's questions


1) Why did you start blogging in the first place?
Back in 2013 I started this blog which was called something else to give me something to do. However I felt that as it was a new year I would start fresh therefore I created 'theperksofmeg' in 2014. I have decided that this will give me motivation to do things in my life and to get me into the beauty industry as it's such a great thing. Blogging is so much fun and very time consuming but by blogging I will make new friends and do something I enjoy.

2) What has been the most interesting thing (or simply your favourite) you have blogged about?
As I've just started my blog I haven't really done many blog posts however I did a blog about a under £5 homemade pasta bake meal and that went down a hit. If you want to read it the link is - https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/post/11272941/2212013027

3) If you could be any superhero, who would it be?
I would be Catwoman just because she gets up to lots of mischief.

4) Your weirdest celebrity crush? (For example, I would marry Michael McIntyre, if he wasn't already taken. He is a funny funny man)
Johnny Depp just because he's such a great actor but he's quite an old choice aha. 

5) What is your favourite brand of make-up?
My favourite brand of make-up is probably Rimmel because they have such great foundations.

6) Your favourite food?
My favourite food is pasta because it goes with most things and it's just so yummy! 

7) The weirdest message you have every received? 
It's safe to say I have never been sent a weird message.

8) A funny memory you share with a best friend?
When me and my friend was watching Sherlock and I shouted 'Look it's a bird' when it was a cat.

9) Favourite colour?
White because it is clean and fresh.

10) If you had to have your hair permanently straight or permanently curly, which would it be? (I know this is a weird one)
Permanently straight just because you don't have as much trouble with straight hair.

11) And finally, dog person or a cat person?
Dog person.

Alice's questions
#1 What is your most favorite quote/phrase?
'If you're going to be weird then be confident about it' I'm not quite sure who it's by though.

#2 What's your all time favorite lipstick?
My favourite lipstick is probably my Rimmel lipstick in the shade 700 - Nude Delight. However I prefer a lip balm or a lip butter.

#3 What is your most listened to song on iTunes?
Sofa by Ed Sheeran.

#4 What was the last thing that made you laugh until your belly hurt?
Me and my friend were playing this game where we had to sing songs by humming.

#5 What's your favorite TV series? 
I don't really watch a lot of TV however I do love The Big Bang Theory and I used to love Ugly Betty.

#6 Link a YouTube video which never fails to make you smile
I don't even know why - http://youtu.be/yqEeP1acj4Y

#7 How long does it take you to get ready for a night out?
About 30 minutes.

#8 Who is your all time favorite blogger?
I don't really have an all time favourite blogger yet as I only started a few days ago.

#9 What is the one thing which never fails to make you happy?
My family.

#10 What are your pamper evening essentials?
Face masks, nail polish, body butter.

#11 What's the one thing people probably don't know about you? 
That I live in Yorkshire in the UK.

Charli's questions
1. Why did you start your blog?
I answered this above in Georgina's questions.

2. Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?
Hopefully at University or even finished University with a degree in something (I have no idea yet) and with a good job and still blogging.

3. What is one piece of clothing that you couldn't live without?
My jeans, they are literally so comfy however I do love my jumpers and blouses.

4. What are your top 5 favourite make up products?
Rimmel 25 hour foundation, MUA lipsticks, Collection concealer, smashbox powder and Mally eyeshadows.

5. Winter or summer, why?
Winter because I like to snuggle up with a nice cup of tea and watch DVD's. (It rhymes ooo)

6. What's your favourite breakfast, lunch and dinner?
Breakfast -Weetabix
Lunch - Tomato Soup
Dinner - Pasta Bake.

7. If you had £1000 to spend, what would you spend it on?
Make up/beauty products, clothes and maybe a new laptop.

8. What's your dream designer handbag?
I don't really have a dream designer handbag as I kinda like a cheap handbag as they get ruined with make up and everything.

9. Whose your style icon and why?
Alexa Chung for some reason, she just seems to be up for trying any style.

10. What do you use to take your pictures for your blog?
My iPod touch but hopefully I should be updating to a iphone 4 very soon!

11. If you were stranded on a desert island, which celebrity would you chose to take with you?
Jim Carrey just because I think he'd be such a laugh to go with and keep me entertained for hours!

Georgiana's questions! 

1. Do you prefer healthy meals or fast food?
Healthy meals because I like to plan my meals.

2. If you could work as an editor for any magazine, which one would it be?
I'm not quite sure maybe the Cosmopolitan or Vogue, just because I think it would be such a great job.

3. Are you an optimist or a pessimist? 
I used to be a little bit of a pessimist but I am now an optimist and hope to stay like it.

4. Rimmel or Maybelline?
Rimmel because I love their foundations and their packaging is great. I own more Rimmel products than Maybelline.

5. Did you go to University?
As i am only 15 years old (16 in October) I haven't been to college or Uni yet hehe.

6. Do you have a celebrity crush?
Josh Hutchinson. 

7. Favorite wardrobe staple?
A dress.

8. Do you believe girls and guys can be just friends?
Yes I do.

9. What`s your favorite color?
White because it is clean and fresh and nice.

10. What`s the last book you`ve read?
Paper Towns by John Green which was amazing.

11. In the end, the eternal question: cats or dogs?
Dogs.

Jessica's questions
1. What made you start your blog?
I answered this in Georgia's questions above.

2. What makes you the happiest?
When I'm at home in my onesie, snuggled up with a blanket and cup of tea blogging or watching a DVD.

3. Carrots or peas?
Carrots as I hate peas haha.

4. What's your favourite colour?
Answered this in Georginana's and Georgina's questions hehe.

5. PC or laptop?
Laptop.

6.  Favourite shop?
New Look just because they have such good trends and fashion styles and they aren't a shop that costs the earth.

7. Where's your favourite holiday destination?
London aha I'm so boring but Portugal was so good.

8. Do you have a lucky number, if so what is it?
I do, It is number 8.

9. If you could take one piece of make-up to a desert island, what would it be?
Probably a concealer aha, I have no idea why but I prefer a concealer to foundation.

10. What food would you never eat?
Green vegetables I just can't face them aha.

11. Liquid or pencil eyeliner?
Pencil because it's so much easier to use and liquid goes everywhere.

Anya's questions
1. How long have you been running your blog?
I created it in July 2013 however I have only used it as 'theperksofmeg' since the 15th January 2014.


2. Whats your most treasured items?
I don't really any treasured items aha.


3. Have you made any friends through blogging? 
I have indeed made a friend by blogging and I hope to make so many more but she is called Emily and you can find her blog here

4. Whats your most popular blog post? 
Currently my most popular blog post is my giveaway post which you can find here

5. Do you have any pets?
Nope.

6. What do you want to achieve from blogging/Why did you start this blog?
I want to make friends and become better at writing and hopefully it will help me in life, I explained in other questions why I started my blog.

7. Whats your favourite beauty related item?
My Rimmel 25 hour foundation.

8. How do you like to spend your days off? 
Blogging hehe.

9. Do you have any hobbies?
Only blogging.

10. Whats your favourite item of clothing?
This is a hard one but I have currently bought some new clothes and they are my favourites right now. I will be doing a post about them very soon!

11. If you could dye your hair any colour right now what would it be? 
Dark brown as I love it a darker brown.


Now I have to tag 11 more people to answer the questions I will put below, I have searched and have picked 11 people, apologizes if you have already been tagged! Also apparently the rules say you have to pick people less than 200 followers but I found out that it was first started by a German blogger and the original rule was that it was given to bloggers less than 2000 followers so I'm going to go with that although most of the people have picked have under 200!  


So it took me a while to think of some questions to ask but here they are for all you lovely 11 bloggers! 



1) Why did you want to start a blog?
2) What got you into beauty/fashion?
3) What is your goal with your blog?
4) Weirdest or most fun blog post you've done?
5) What is your favourite foundation at the moment?
6) Inspirations In your life?
7) Where would you like to be in 5 years time?
8) What do you like to see when you open someone else's blog?
9) Does your blog have a theme?
10) Make-up or skincare?
11) Would you change anything about your blog?

I hope you have as much fun as I did by answering my questions! 
You must now follow on and tag another 11 people and set them your own set of 11 questions! After answering mine! .

Thanks for tagging me Georgina, Alice, Charli, Jessica, Anya and Georgiana!

Thanks for reading guys! 





No comments :

Post a Comment