Thursday 6 August 2015

My Trip To London and Legoland {May 8th- 9th 2015}

Hello everyone. This post has been a long time coming but with all my exams and then prom and then all the other issues like not having a laptop take place, I hadn't had the chance to write this post.
 
So my little brother Alfie turned 5 on the 9th May and so my dad had planned for us to go to London for the day on the 8th May and for Alfie's birthday we went to Legoland Windsor. I had to have a day off school and it did happen to be 3 days before my exams started but we managed and I'm so glad I got to go. The last time I went to London I was 7 and then 8 as we'd gone 2 years in a row. On those occasions we'd gone on the train so it was a 3 hour train journey done there. This time because we were going to Legoland we drove down in the car and it took us nearly 5 hours to get there. It was a rather tiring journey but we were so relieved to get there. We actually stayed in Woking but we got a train into London and we went to Waterloo Station. We must have walked miles that day and we'd gone to Buckingham Palace, Seen Big Ben and the London Eye and got lost several times trying to find the M&M Factory. It was a lovely day and we had so much fun - even if it did start raining and we got absolutely soaked! I got some M&M's from the factory and they were amazing! The whole factory was quite magical!
 
 



 
Then we went out for a meal in Woking on the night time and got back to the hotel and got ready for bed. I didn't sleep very well that night even though the bed was comfy but I just don't tend to sleep well if I'm not at home. But when we woke up in the morning we surprised Alfie with balloons and he opened his presents and cards and then we got ready and headed down for breakfast. Breakfast was amazing and I had toast with Nutella and cereal and it was all just lovely.
 
After breakfast we got all our bags and then set off to get to Legoland. I think it took us about 30/40 minutes to get there but we were all so excited when we got there. It's absolutely huge but so much fun. It also had Wi-Fi there which is a big win in my book!





Legoland was massive and there was lots of fun rides and even a part full of miniature cities! They looked amazing! The only downside to that day is that we'd queued for the log flume ride for an hour and a half and then it broke down and so we wasted that long and so that was a disappointment but overall it's a really great place! It got super warm that day!


So once we'd gone round all of Legoland, Alfie bought some lego from the shop and then we got in the car to come home. It was another 5 long hours in the car but we did stop off at a motorway service to have a KFC. It was such an amazing 2 days and I'd happily do it again!
 
Have you been to Legoland?
 
 

No comments :

Post a Comment