Tuesday 17 July 2018

6 Month Update: Goals for 2018.






Hello everyone. So it's been a little while since I last posted, I just really fell out of love with blogging. Not only have I not been feeling the whole blog vibes, I've been so busy too. In February I wrote a post about all the goals I had wanted to achieve in 2017 and whether I had achieved them and then I wrote one saying what my goals were for 2018 that I had written on January 1st. 

So I thought I'd update you on my goals and whether I have achieved any of them...

What were my goals for 2018?

- Go to the Harry Potter Studios. 
- Pass my practical driving test. 
- Insure my car for the year. 
- Start my Foundation Degree in Early Years.
- Go to a Spa. 
- Get a new childcare job. 
- Decorate my bedroom so that it has a desk.
- Go to at least 2 concerts. 
- Start the Gym. 
- Get a Tattoo. 

What have I achieved so far?

Well I have to say, I've achieved most of my goals already and had done within the first few months of 2018.



I went to the Harry Potter Studios back in January and it was great. This trip is bittersweet for me, as it was sort of the end of a 2 year friendship but I'm not going to dwell on it too much because I'm finally over the whole situation and it has took me months. 



I finally passed my practical driving test! I am so unbelievably happy that I finally did it. I was meant to do my test in December but then when I went they didn't have an examiner for me so it got cancelled and then it got rescheduled for the next day but then it got cancelled again because of the snow. They then booked me in for 23rd February 2018, baring mind I'd been waiting since 23rd November 2017, so as you can imagine I was not impressed. After stressing to my driving instructor that my 1 month car insurance was going to run out on the 13th February, she managed to swap a few things around and I finally ended up taking my test on 31st January 2018. I was so happy and ready to do it. I came away with 6 minors and passed 3rd time lucky. 

After passing my test, I came home and insured my car for the year straight away and I was so happy about it because it is something I had saved for, for a very long time. 

I started a new childcare job in April 2018, I had been doing supply work in a school for about a month and it was at the school I'd previously worked at but it just wasn't working out for me and I felt miserable. I finally went for a few interviews and got a job in a Nursery. I absolutely adore my new job and it has definitely kept me busy these last few months. 



I finally managed to decorate my bedroom and it now has a desk and it just feels more homely and practical. I saved up for all my new furniture and then ventured off to Ikea and then I painted my room myself. It took a week to sort it but I was so happy. 



I have been to 2 concerts this year. I went to see Paramore at the O2 in London in January when I went to London and I went to see Taylor Swift in Manchester on 8th June 2018. Both amazing concerts and worth the money but that is all my concerts for this year done. 

I started the gym as I have been training for my Pretty Muddy 5k event that I did on the 7th July 2018. Having raised over £1,600 I'm so proud of myself. So yes, I started the gym but since doing my event, I have cancelled my gym membership. I went to the gym from February to July. 

What haven't I achieved so far?

Start my foundation degree in early years - I start this in September and I'm feeling quite nervous about going back into education after having a gap year. 

Go to a Spa - I haven't yet managed to book to go away to a spa but i'm tempted to do that for my birthday in October but we will have to see. 

Get a tattoo - After craving getting a tattoo for so long, I actually don't think I want one anymore. I'm not sure why, but it's not really something that appeals to me at this moment. I might change my mind in the future but right now, I'm not bothered so I'm going to cross this off my list.


I have some goals already lined up for 2019 too. 

What are your goals for 2018?







No comments :

Post a Comment