Monday 24 February 2014

*The Week Magazine Review ♥

Hello everyone!

So today I'm doing a post about The Week Magazine which is quite off topic as I'm normally posting about beauty however I feel like this comes under lifestyle and as I am a beauty, fashion and lifestyle blog I thought I would give it a whirl. Let me know if you liked this post in the comments as I do posts to please you readers.

So anyway I got sent this magazine to review which I will be doing today. I firstly read what the company had to say about the magazine and this is what they said:

"The week magazine gives you a concise, refreshing and balanced take on the news from the past seven days. Taken from over 200 print and online sources, The Week brings you only the best news, comment and opinion from the UK and overseas, bringing you up to date with everything you need to know in just one hour. What’s more, you’ll also get the lighter side of the news, with the latest arts, people, food and drink, travel, properties – and much more!"

I read a lot of magazines and so I feel like this would be a little bit different from my weekly gossip/fashion and beauty magazines.

So as you can see this week I have a very.co.uk magazine, an ok! magazine, a new! magazine and The Week magazine which does stand out slightly.

I actually thought the front cover stood out well. However the magazine is quite thin and doesn't have as many pages as my normal magazine (that could be just me).

The week magazine covers several categories which is quite interesting. My favourite section was the drama and film pages. 

The title is quite bold and stands out. 


Verdict:
I feel like the magazine is quite overpriced, it is £3.10 which I feel is a lot of money and I can normally get 4 magazines for that price and I didn't expect it to be that much. For the amount you get as well I wouldn't pay that price. However I like how this is a different magazine to what I normally read and I like how they have so many categories.

The categories vary and the first pages are the main stories which this week the main one was 'facing the floods' so many people have been flooded because of the heavy downpour and it was good to see that a magazine had covered it.Then you get other categories such as Politics, Europe at a glance, The world at a glance, people, briefing - which this weeks story was on boosting adoption. Best articles for Britain such as 'do you really know what you're eating, Best articles for Europe,  Best articles internationally such as 'Let's stop glamorising criminals'. Health and Science, talking points, Sport, letters - Pick of the week's correspondence, arts - review of reviews; Books, Drama, Film, Artists, Galleries, The list, Best properties on the market, Your home, Leisure; food and drink, travel, consumer, obituaries, city - Companies in the news and how they were assessed such as Poundland, Talking points of the issue; forward guidance 2, Commentators, Marketplace and Travel, Shares, The last word and crossword. It has a category for everyone unless you're looking for beauty and fashion.

Overall this magazine was very intriguing and I liked most of the categories that was in it however I feel like it is overpriced therefore I will not be purchasing it.

I just want to thank the company of The Week for letting me review this product but my opinions and 100% honest and my own.


Claim a free copy of The Week magazine

- The best of the British and international media
- Clear unbiased journalism presenting you with the facts you need
- Intelligent writing delivers you a concise and complete briefing in just one hour of your time
- Keeping on top of the news has never been so easy or enjoyable – in print or through our dynamic digital formats.

- Our Review of reviews brings you the most interesting and entertaining insights on the latest books, plays, films, opera and exhibitions
- What are top food critics saying about British restaurants?
- Plus the most bizarre stories from the tabloids, a smattering of gossip and Talking Points

Follow this link to claim your free copy: http://subscription.theweek.co.uk/landing/bigshot/01/

Thanks for reading!  


No comments :

Post a Comment